Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2021.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Services Officer
- Manage and coordinate Information Technology (IT) request catalogs.
- Manage office supplies (stationery, beverage, consumables) through regular stock taking/inventory for cost-effective purposes.
- Request, disburse, and manage department‘s funds and / petty cash including per diem allowances for drivers.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of department’s monthly accruals, cost and business performance reviews.
- Manage SAP requisitions and reservations for all Support Services’ contractors and vendors and ensure that a service entry sheet is created for all invoices and sent to the Finance Department.
- Coordinate and manage domestic business travel processes and provide timely updates when necessary.
- Coordinate some departmental projects from initiation to completion.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with company policies, standard operating procedures and other relevant regulations that are appropriate to the workplace.
- Act in the absence of Travel and Transport Supervisor.
- Work with the Finance department to ensure expense reports are submitted, costs are allocated accurately, contractor invoices are paid on time and all reconciliations are done monthly.
- Coordinate and follow up with the Supply Chain department on all requisitions to confirm completion of processes in accordance with established procedures.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining your own work schedule.
- Follow-up with vendors on invoices.
- Review all service invoices for authorization and payment.
Light Vehicle (LV) Pool Supervision and Management
- Conduct periodic inspections of Newmont’s fleet of vehicles to ensure insurance & preventive maintenance checks are up to date.
- Coordinate all daily domestic travel arrangements for internal drivers and stakeholders.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Minimum of First degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in office administration environment, with exposure to administrative activities.
- Strong experience in hospitality and third-party contract management.
- Advanced administrative skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong follow-up and coordinating skills.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.