Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Goldcorp Corporation Recruitment for Crane Operator.
Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA, is an American mining company that traces its roots to the diversified holding company William Boyce Thompson established in 1916. Incorporated in 1921, it has active gold mines in Nevada, Australia, Ghana, Peru, and Suriname.
- Company: Newmont Goldcorp Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Koforidua
- Job type: Full-Time
To operate cranes and lifting equipment of varying sizes, in accordance with job requests and within the OEM guidelines and load specifications, to promote a safe work environment. To check that all rigging is done in accordance with all established safety protocols and conduct basic maintenance of cranes and other lifting equipment to maximize operational effectiveness.
- MVT I
- Crane operator certification of competency.
- MINCOM crane operator certificate of competence
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ crane operation experience in a fixed plant or similar environment.
- Operation of rough and all terrain crane for lifting of heavy equipment.
- Operation of overhead hoist for lifting heavy equipment in a fixed plant area
- Safety Conscious
- Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include good vision and depth perception (i.e. close, distance, color, and peripheral vision), and ability to adjust focus.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, safety glasses, respirator, highly visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, steel-toed boots according to working conditions.
- Produce a daily shift report and submit to the supervisor.
Plant & Equipment Operation
- Conduct pre-start checks on all cranes and other lifting equipment, prior to use.
- Load and unload trucks, according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) requirements.
- Maintenance and Repair
- Carry out task preparations and assist with basic maintenance and repair of cranes and other lifting equipment
- Make sure that the cranes and equipment are in a safe working condition.
Health and Safety Management
- Minimize the potential risk for personal injury or equipment damage by rigorously following established SOP and STPs.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply.