Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ouranos Technologies Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
Ouranos Technologies (Ouranos) has established itself as a force to be reckoned with in delivering IT infrastructure services and solutions to clients in West Africa and beyond.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Oracle Database Administrator
|Company||Ouranos Technologies Limited|
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
As the Oracle Database Administrator (DBA), you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the organization’s Oracle database systems. You will work closely with the IT team to ensure the availability, performance, and security of Oracle databases. This role involves database design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery, and database security management.
- To undertake investigations and diagnose and resolve database problems within SLA tolerances using database management tools
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle database software on various operating systems.
- Implement and maintain high availability solutions like Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Provide technical guidance and support to your colleagues ensuring DB products are resolved, designed, developed and tested according to established best practice principles
- Work with a team of Database developers to ensure projects are delivered in a timely fashion
- Monitor system’s health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Ensure reviews are conducted on a regular basis to improve / enhance the database, and that the improvements are consistent with the departmental guidelines (working closely with other members of the DB team). Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
- Triage assigned support incidents. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables.
- Database Troubleshooting and Maintenance.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Generate traces, and execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to processes or tools where applicable.
- Develop a level of product expertise across the solution architecture.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2023