Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Lincoln Community School Recruitment for Laboratory Technician / Teaching Assistant.
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
- Company: Lincoln Community School
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Technicians are responsible for managing the efficient operation of the science laboratory area, assist Teachers in conducting Labs and the implementation of strategies to assist the delivery of key school objectives which may include supporting teachers in the instructional program.
Typical duties include but not limited to the following:
- Liaise with science teaching staff on their needs for practical work and maintain an efficient system for use and allocation of materials and equipment, setting a priority system where necessary.
- Advise science teaching staff on technical components of the curriculum.
- Assist science teaching staff with demonstrations, including acting as a demonstrator.
- Assist science teaching staff in instructing students on use/care of equipment during science experiments.
- Advise and assist science teaching staff in safety matter relating to the science laboratory.
- Prepare safety assessments for activities in the preparation area and, in conjunction with the teacher, in the teaching laboratory.
- Demonstrate laboratory techniques to science teaching staff/students.
- Prepare solutions, stains and media for use in the laboratory.
- Maintain a safe chemical storage/handling/disposal system in accordance with current regulations.
- Assist with the security of science laboratory and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment.
- Carry out and/or coordinate labelling, storage, stocktaking and ordering of equipment and chemicals.
- Service and clean simple laboratory apparatus/equipment.
- Collect and maintain live specimens (in accordance with regulations).
- Collect off-campus scientific materials and field samples,
- Liaise with organizations and industries for purpose of acquiring equipment etc.
- Maintain asset register – annual stock-take.
- Conduct safety audits for the lab.
- Oversee the production of safety assessments for all activities within the Science Department.
- Trialing of experiments.
- Review, evaluate and modify laboratory practice – suggest alternatives/develop practical exercises.
- A degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or Physics
- Minimum of Three years’ experience working as a lab technician
How to Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. If you have proven a proven track record of achievement in a public relations role and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please submit the following documents to [email protected]
- A cover letter highlighting experience relevant to the role
- An up to date resume
*The closing date for the position is 14th August 2019. Please note that the school will only contact shortlisted candidates