Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment for Careers & Internship Placement Coordinator.
- Company: Lancaster University Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK.
We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff.
Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
We are seeking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals with a passion to fill the following position: Careers and Internship Placement Coordinator
Responsible for providing career advisory services, employability skills training and facilitating internship placements for students.
- Preparing and equipping students for corporate and business environment with employability skills;
- Assisting students with career counselling on the university programmes, course schedules, undergraduate and post graduate programmes;
- Organising mentorship programmes, career events, training workshops for students on cover letter preparation, CV writing, interview skills etc.;
- Securing internship opportunities for students;
- Liaising with corporate organisations for internship opportunities for students;
Required Skills or Experience
You should have:
- Working knowledge of career advisory services, counselling and employability skills training for students in the higher education sector.
- Experience of events management and facilitating workshops.
- Experience of delivering on targets and business objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in similar/related roles;
The following qualifications and competencies are essential
- A first degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Marketing communications, Public Relations, or a related discipline.
- Proven ability to develop nurture relationships with partner organisations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organise own work.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and use of the Internet.
How to Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position being applied for in the subject line.
- Applicants are to submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
- Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
- Closing date: 5th December 2019.