Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for L’AINE Services Limited Recruitment 2022.
L’AINE Services Limited in Human Resource Development in Ghana is huge. The company plays the role of an eldest to many HR institutions in the country, living up to its name, L’AINE, which is a French word for ELDEST or FIRSTBORN.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Communications Officer
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is a network of emerging and mid-level health policy and systems (HPS) practitioners and researchers. It seeks to support the increasing numbers of practitioners and researchers entering the field in West Africa. We do this by creating a space for peer-to-peer exchange and learning, supporting access to research training and leadership opportunities, and linking to related global networks.
The project is looking for an experienced health communications officer with proven interest in message and product development (particularly for health policy issues) to support the communication of research findings and lessons from the project and the management of the online learning platform.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the leadership of the principal investigator of the project and the Chair of the company, and in close collaboration with the COMPANY secretariat and management team, the communication officer shall carry out the following (though not limited to these) functions towards the achievement of the objectives of the network in general and the project in particular.
Development and implementation of the company’s communications plan
- Develop the communication strategy and annual plan in consultation with the leadership
- Lead Implementation of the communications strategy and plan including tracking key performance indicators
- Develop a communication plan for specific activities including workshops, webinars, special events, and research as well as monitor and collate their outputs for reporting purposes.
- Manage publicity, communications, and media needs and engagements of the company.
Managing, Maintaining, and Increasing traffic to the Company’s Website
- Maintaining the website and ensuring increased traffic to the website.
- Ensuring regular updates of the website with business (including research) materials, news, and stories of interest to the membership, taking into account its bilingual (English and French) character.
- Routinely conduct content curation, editing, and restructuring of the website.
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly analytics reports on website performance.
Leading communications efforts for membership development and retention
- Periodically conduct membership surveys to solicit member inputs in consultation with the Executive Board.
- Support in the development of membership strategy.
- Work with the Executive Board to convene virtual roundtables of members on relevant topics
- Routinely send announcements, broadcast messages, and other communication newsletters and news items to the membership
Promoting the COMPANY visibility through media engagement and strategic partnerships
- Support the COMPANY consortium to translate the knowledge and lessons learned into materials for wider public consumption
- Prepare news items for sharing with the media, Press Releases, Developing messages and Policy briefs, Brochures, etc.,
- Organize press conferences, coordinating media and other events (workshops, stakeholder engagements, etc)
Leading the facilitation and management of the online learning platform
- Facilitate stakeholder access to and engagement with the learning platform.
- Assist in designing, developing, and /or converting courses, instructional materials, media, and other electronic instructional information for delivery in the modalities supported by online learning.
- Develop processes and systems (both human and technological) to create, manage, and distribute content.
- Calendar, write, and build partner email communications, including program newsletters, reminders, and other communications as needed.
- Plan and execute the release of new materials and new products to internal and external stakeholders in coordination with project PI
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in communication, public health, or a related social science
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in, health communication, and/or communication research, marketing/Public relations, and journalism preferably for a membership-based organization. Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and French is essential for this position.
- Experience executing high-level editing and writing with limited supervision
- Experience managing websites, social media, and online platforms
- Experience developing materials for audiences with high or limited (health) literacy skills
- Experience engaging partners and stakeholders in developing a communication strategy.
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers.
- Experience managing product development, including requirements gathering and launch planning.
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send via email no later than December 7th 2022, their cover letter and detailed resume (max. 3 pages), 2 writing or portfolio sample together with scanned copies of all relevant educational certificates to: [email protected]
with a copy (CC) to [email protected]
Applicants must include the names, telephone numbers, email and addresses of 3 references, at least one of whom must be academic (from the institute of training) and one a workplace supervisor. Please indicate “Health Communication Officer candidate” in the subject line of the email. kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.