Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jumia Ghana Recruitment 2021.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of product categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
- Company: Jumia
- Location: Ghana
Job Title: Commercial Operations & Revenue Head
- Coordinating the execution of the Performance Steering Actions (PSAs) with the Seller Management team
- Giving daily and weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan
- Defining, coordinating and executing Jumia promotional events, from Black Friday and jumia Anniversary to weekly commercial events
- Promoting the diversity on our websites by coordinating commercial teams and marketing teams to highlight strong categories level
- Ensuring we maintain our gross margin by controlling Jumia retail and marketplace margins as well as assessing the performance of each revenue streams (value added services, logistic services, etc)
- Approving retail requests as well as repricing inventory twice a week taking into account coverage, age, write off/back
- Ensuring Jumia is offering the lowest prices on its assortment by scanning, mapping and comparing Jumia and its competitors’ SKUs several times a week (“Phoenix Process”)
- Fostering deduplication on our platform (having a maximum number of vendors selling the same SKUs)
- Increasing the number of fast moving marketplace SKUs secured in Jumia Express to ensure a best in class commercial experience
- Centralizing all BI requests from local and central commercial teams to ensure commercial has specs for each development needed and receive the right level of prioritization by our BI team
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Amazing analytical skills
- Organized and Structured
- A Fast learner who is resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5 years experience
- A significant experience in e-commerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative, and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 12th May 2021.