Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jumia Ghana Recruitment 2021.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC. It was founded in 2012. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of product categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery, and others.
Job Title: Senior General Ledger Accountant
- Ensure Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled monthly in line with period end close timelines.
- Ensure IFRS 16 reporting and completion of related topics with the Central finance teams
- Lead in ensuring compliance to timelines during monthly period-end closing.
- Assist in th
- e documentation and maintenance of Ledger processes and controls, including the identification and testing of relevant SOX controls.
- Track and maintain fixed asset ledger by coordinating with IT and Accounts Payable; prepare schedules for reporting of fixed assets.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Liaise with Head of Accounts to ensure accurate and timely filing of all monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings and filing of the support documents to a dedicated drive.
- Directly assist the Head of Accounts to ensure accuracy of all accounting balances (Customer/Vendor/GLs/Bank etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and standards
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with ERP accounting software packages, like SAP or Navision
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years’ experience in general accounting or tax accounting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
Closing Date: 25th Oct. 2021