Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for JSI Research & Training Institute Recruitment for Senior Finance and Compliance Manager.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) a leader in global health is non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world,
- Company: JSI Research & Training Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
Position: Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Thrs is a full-tune position that will be based In Takoradi, Ghana. The Senior Finance and Compliance Manager, in consultation with the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), is responsible for maintainingthe hnon.al accounts and administrative systems for the USAID Strengthening the Continuum of Care Project_ The Senior Finance & Operation Manager will support the Finance and Operations Officer and Finance and Operations Manager in Takoradi in executing their duties. She/he will be responsible (in support to DFO) for monitoring the financial status of the project work plan, including the preparation of expenditure Projections and expense monitoring. She/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Project. The Senior Finance & Operation Manager reports to the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Responsible for making sure, that there is compliance with and adherence to all JSI’s policies, Manuals and USAID rules regulations at all material times.
- Responsible for making sure that all our partners prepare report and submit financial documentations in accordance with our directives, templates, and forms for compliance.
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations, establish and maintain a financial and admMistrative system fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures
- Support non-finance staff through in-house trainings with coordination from all the finance team Manage the monthly accounting cycle and bank account monitoring and reconciliation
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations to review and track programme budget(s), monitor expenditures and help prepare financial reports for senior management and USAID
- Review and Approve the monthly accounts documentation, including vouchers and reconciliation reports prepared by the Finance and Operations Officer in Takoradi and Accra
- Actively participate in work plan preparation and work closely with the technical team to prepare and monitor costed work plans
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations dun,g preparation of the annual PEPFAR Expenditure Reporting USAID accruals report and other reports as will be requested
- Coordinate with Finance and Operations Officer in Takoradi and Accra to create and maintain Finance files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner
- Work with the Human Resources & Admit Manager to ensure safety and daily security of office premises
- Provide support to the Regional Office in Accra in all the above areas
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations which are in line oath the general concept of this position
- S/he will authorise some electronic funds transfers (EFT) paymentwith a certain threshold
- Will approve all advance requests, purchase requests, and other request up to a certain threshold
- Will be in charge of preparing SF425 Quarterly Accruals reports for DFO review and subsequent submission to Home office for finalisation.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Minimum of Bachelors, Preferred Advanced degree in a finance, accounting, public administration or business-related held
- CPA is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in financial and/or office management in an NGO setting Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff
- Experience in inventory management
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programmes and knowledge of USAID rules and regulation, strongly desired
- Experience with PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis reports
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and training staff
- Any other related duties as assigned by supervisor or COP
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change-based on Real confirmation of that particular position.
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured In the mail subject ‘ to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 27, 2019.
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
JSI is en equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply