Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for International Republican Institute (IRI) Recruitment 2023/2024.
The International Republican Institute is an American nonprofit organization founded in 1983 and funded and supported by the United States federal government. Most of its board is drawn from the Republican Party.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Associate
|International Republican Institute (IRI)
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The International Republican Institute (IRI) an international non-governmental organization (NGO) registered in Ghana is seeking resumes/CVs for a Program Associate to support program implementation for the International Republican Institute’s programming.
IRI is hiring individuals to work in Accra and may include periodic travel to other regions of Ghana. The Program Associate is an entry level position at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Program Officer (and/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer) to implement activities and ensure compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Assists in monitoring program activities related to the approved work plan.
- Support efforts to evaluate and uses information related to the approved work plan.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders
- Participates in budget preparation and monitoring on a regular basis.
- Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
- Compiles briefing books for trainers
- Maintains project site and document records
- Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new funding opportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives
- Travels as needed for program support and implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field, graduate degree a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to coordinate projects with components involving multiple stakeholders