Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified international students from developing countries for the Indonesian Government Scholarships 2020/2021. The Indonesian Government Scholarships is open for both undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
For the academic year 2020/2021, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more invites the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia.
About Indonesian Government Scholarships
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities (59 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants.
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA. In early 90’s, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 80 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
To be taken at (country): Scholarships will be taken at the following universities in Indonesia.
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Agricultural Sciences
- Multi-Disciplinary Studies
- Social Sciences
Indonesian Government Scholarships Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student;
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent;
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age;
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate;
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
Indonesian Government Scholarships Benefit
- Living Allowance and accomodation
- Research and book allowances (will be given during the Master Program)
- Health insurance
Duration of sponsorship
- 8 months of Indonesian Language Program
- 4 months of Preparatory Program
- 24 months (4 semesters) of Master Programs
How to Apply for Indonesian Government Scholarships
All documents must be submitted to your account in apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 28 August 2019)
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
For more information, visit the Indonesian Government Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 2nd March 2020