Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Hapag-Lloyd AG Recruitment 2023/2024.
Hapag-Lloyd AG is a German international shipping and container transportation company. Hapag-Lloyd was formed in 1970 through a merger of the Hamburg-American Line and North German Lloyd.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to assist the Senior Manager HR with the administration of company policies, programs and practices that contribute to the HR and business wide strategic direction of the Area. As a manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing employees with guidance and applies comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures to resolve complex issues or to build consensus.
- Monthly tracking of overall HR & Admin financial aspect and budget headcount
- Manage employment life-cycle processes and ensure excellent execution
- Handle payroll processing in a compliant manner, including updates to employee information, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, recording exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes, and upload of all monthly payroll files/reports in shared folders
- Act as key contact for employees in the business unit
- Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policies and supports the adoption of best practice in HR whilst ensuring full compliance with corporate and local rules and regulations
- Participates in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing Area and country requirements
- Administration of benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Handle training and development within the training Budget
- Handle the annual performance appraisal process
- Handle manpower & recruitment
- Drive the exit process including end of service calculations
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR organization in the Area towards enhancing and improving overall employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR to country regulations and applicable employment laws, and participates in the updating of policies and/or procedures as required
- Assist with annual updates to the compensation program, rewrites job descriptions as necessary, assists with annual salary reviews, analyses compensation, performs evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Ensure accuracy of data inputs received from country level and interrogates the same towards providing analysis, trends and reports that support decision making at Area level
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to Country HR Coordinators in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the Area HR & RME to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Provide reports as required to Area HR, and work in collaboration with Country HR Coordinators to ensure a HR structure in the countries that is aligned with the Area/Region
- At least 5 years’ experience as a HR generalist with at least 2+ years in a managerial or leadership position
- Experience working in a large matrix organization
- Degree in HR business administration or an equivalent qualification
- HR certification is an asset
- Bilingual English – French/ Portuguese speaking candidates are preferred
- Ability to process and analyse data
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and self-driven individual
- Maturity to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the labor laws & people practices across Africa
- Able to influence without formal authority in a virtual environment
- The opportunity to introduce solutions that you are personally convinced of, and to constantly take on new challenges with a high level of responsibility.
- Excellent career development opportunities, supported by a wide range of training and development courses.
- Competitive remuneration
- Health and life insurance
- Good working environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 8th July 2023