International Justice Mission Job Vacancy for Community Relations & Advocacy Specialist – How to Apply
IJM is seeking a talented Community Relations Specialist to join a multi-disciplinary team in the fight against forced labour trafficking of children in Ghana. The primary role of the Community Mobilization Specialist is to build strategic national level relationships with government, media, professional bodies, and influencers and mobilize them to support IJM’s work and the fight to end child trafficking on the Volta Lake.. This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Director of Church & Community Relations.
- Job Title: Community Relations Specialist
- Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Identify and build strategic relationships between IJM and key government institutions and its leadership at the national level.
- Influence key government institutions and officials to prioritize child trafficking on the Volta Lake.
- Engage and support government institutions such as Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection to implement targeted social intervention programs that seeks to end child trafficking in communities at risk.
- Engage government institutions to support IJMs approach in the fight against child trafficking by supporting rescue, arrest, restoration, prosecution, reintegration and systems transformation.
- Influence government institutions to enforce Ghana’s laws on child trafficking.
- Speak/represent IJM at strategic national level engagements.
- Position IJM to support, align, influence and implement the National Plan of Action (NPA) against human trafficking.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key journalists and media houses in Ghana.
- Influence selected Ghanaian journalists and media houses to develop interest in investigating and reporting on child trafficking.
- Represent IJM on conversations on child trafficking in the media.
- Raise and maintain IJM’s profile as a thought leader on child trafficking in the media.
Non-Governmental Organizations/National Influencers
- Identify and develop strategic working relationship with NGOs.
- Develop and maintain a network of NGOs working to combat child trafficking.
- Identify and develop relationships with key national influencers such as church leaders, celebrities, legislators, professionals and other highly respected opinion leaders and groups and mobilize them to support national efforts at ending child trafficking in Ghana.
- Influence and mobilise national associations to support IJM’s casework and become public advocates towards the fight to end child trafficking.
- Design and implement special events that will create national awareness on the issue and encourage duty bearers to end child trafficking on the lake.
- Develop and undertake national level advocacy campaigns towards an end to child trafficking on the lake.
- Train and equip influencers and other stakeholders on child trafficking.
- Advocate for effective enforcement of laws protecting the vulnerable and exploited.
- Perform any other responsibilities that maybe assigned to you .
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university.
- Graduate degree or formal seminary training preferable, but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with churches, national level government authorities, civil society groups, communications or advocacy leadership.
- Experience working with media preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing campaign activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to articulate IJM’s mission and position persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Experience finding creative ways to optimize limited resources.
- Mature team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience using of a database.
- Experience networking with International and National NGO’s and CBO’s.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
- A genuine passion for IJM and for biblical justice.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Adept at personalized care and service for a variety of stakeholders.
- Personable; creative; bridge builder and strategist.
- Savvy about people, organizations and settings.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
The mission of International Justice Mission is to protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.