Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position below at Ghana Technology University College (formerly Ghana Telecom University College):
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Reporting to the President of the University College, the Director of Finance is responsi- ble for the financial management and administration of the University College. The Director of Finance is a key university officer, provides financial advise to the President and Management, and combines regulatory, operational and strategic approaches for the financial health of the University College.
The Director of Finance shall lead the Directorate to:
- inform, update and advice the President on the finances of the University in a regular and timely manner;
- prepare for the consideration of the Academic Board the statements, accounts and estimates required by the Council;
- call for and receive moneys due to the University and make authorised payments on behalf of the University;
- be responsible for the preparation of the annual budget of the University and shall present the same through the Academic Board to Council for review and approval:
- ensure that the University’s books of accounts and records are kept in a manner and form required by the Council and the Auditor-General;
- report to the Finance Committee a case of failure to maintain the financial and other records of the University in the form required by the Council;
- prepare consolidated accounts of the units of the University;
- afford every facility to both internal and external auditors in the performance of their functions; advise on or source for funds for the University;
- generally be responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Public Finan- cial Management Act, 2016, (Act 921); and,
- discharge any other assignments that the Council or President shall deem necessary.
The Director of Finance
- Must possess a postgraduate degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must be a member of a recognized professional accounting body such ICA (Ghana), ACCA, CIMA
- Must have at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience as a professional accountant.
- Must have served in a University or analogous institution as Deputy Finance Officer/Deputy Director of Finance/Deputy Internal Auditor for at least four (4) years OR A minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience in a reputable and recognized practising firms, industry, commerce and/or public service
- Must have a proven track record of integrity, competence, contemporary leadership and communication skills, and ICT skills.
Terms of appointment
- The Appointment shall be full time and the Applicant must be able to serve a minimum FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
How to Apply for GTUC Recruitment
Applicants should visit jobs.gtuc.edu.gh to apply online and attach the following application materials (Application Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, a Three (3) page Vision Statement, Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates).
Hard copies of the application materials should be submitted to the Registrar, Ghana Technology University College, PMB 100, Accra-North, not later than 22nd November 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.