Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Getty Scholar Grants for Scholars in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences 2023/24, and Getty Scholar Grants for Scholars in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences 2023/24 can be accessed below.
Getty Foundation helps in the advancement of research and conservation by supporting scholars and professions through grants, projects, and publications.
Getty Scholar Grants | DETAILS
Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or individuals who have attained distinction in their fields. Recipients may be in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from work-related obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly lecture devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- Workstation at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa.
- Housing apartment.
- Travel stipend
- Available healthcare option
To be eligible for the Getty Scholar Grants 2023/24, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Researchers of all nationalities are eligible.
- Researchers must be working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants must have received their degree after September 1, 2020.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Getty Scholar Grants are to submit all their completed application materials online. Applicants are to attach the following supporting documents:
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme* and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.*Applicants for the AAAHI and PRW Research Project Scholarships are not required to work on the annual theme. Rather, they should describe either (1) their focus on African American art and cultural history for the AAAHI Scholarship or (2) their focus on Williams’ life and legacy for the PRW Research Project Scholarship.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
How To Apply
Click Here To Apply for the Getty Scholar Grants for Scholars in Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 2023/24.