GE Scholarship for University of Ghana Students.
Opportunity is opened for all interested applicants to apply for the GE Scholarship for University of Ghana Students. The eligibility and procedures for application are outlined in the text below.
2017/2018 GE SFAO Scholarship
DEADLINE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3rd, 2017 at 3:00pm
GE a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric Company has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services and know-how, training initiatives, investment and supply chain development in the power, transportation and healthcare sectors
General Electric will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under-graduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the next three years of 2017-2018 and 2018-2017 (individually the“Scholarship Year”). Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees, book allowance and out of pocket. In addition leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2017/18 applications for the award of The GE Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana:
School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
DEADLINE for the submission of applications for the General Electric Scholarship is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3rd, 2017 at 3:00pm.
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. Are a Ghanaian.
2. Are a Level 100 student.
3. Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE.
4. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
5. Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6. Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
7. Will maintain a 2.5 CGPA
8. Are of a Good Conduct.
Download and submit a completed GE- FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email[email protected].
The Students Financial Aid Office is located at No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
The following are Examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support, and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved