Applications are open for the Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Programme 2019. The Internet Governance Forum that took place at the United Nations in Geneva from December 18-21, 2017 had the theme: ‘Shape Your Digital Future.’ Internet Society Youth Fellows saw the need to increase youth participation in Internet Governance Issues. Even though they are digital natives, young people are secluded from the decision making table on policies and issues affecting the internet that has shaped and continue to shape our daily lives.
The Digital Grassroots Ambassador programme is an initiative to accomplish the following goals:
- Build a positive narrative on youth participation in Internet Governance
- Engage youth in resolving internet relation problems at community level
- Introduce youth to participation in Internet Governance through mentorship
- Use Internet Literacy as a tool to accomplish Sustainable Developmental Goals
The programme will include:
- An Internet Literacy Coursework tailored to accomplish the SDGs
- A community engagement activity that will be done by selected Ambassadors
- A 4 week mentorship program with a mentor to induct Ambassadors to Youth Participation in Internet Governance
- The course is 100% Online
Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Programme Benefits
Successful Ambassadors will receive
- A certificate at the end of the program
- An opportunity to share success stories and write articles related to internet on organizer’s website, forum and social platforms
- An exclusive mentorship program on how to engage as a youth in Internet Governance, and
- An opportunity to join the core team in a given capacity.
Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Programme Eligibility
- Open to English speakers from all around the world
- Between 14 and 29 years old in 2019
- Interested in using the internet as a tool for social good and development
- Community centered individual passionate about sharing information
- Applications encouraged from persons from regions facing internet related challenges including access problems
- You do not need prior experience in Internet Governance to participate
- Applicants are encouraged to join the Digital Grassroots forum for news updates (Optional).
How to Apply for Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Programme
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit Digital Grassroots Ambassadors Programme.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2019