Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Communication Technology University (GCTU) Recruitment 2024/2025.
Job Title: Registrar
The ideal candidate for the position of Registrar at Ghana Communication Technology University will be required to have the following:
- At least a regular Master’s Degree in a relevant field with not less than 10 years post qualification experience, 4 of which should have been at the level of Deputy Registrar or equivalent senior management level in a university or an analogous institution
- Senior management experience in a large, complex and decentralized organisation preferably in an academic institution
- Strong intellect with excellent managerial, writing, communication, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Effective leadership, supervision and mentoring skills.
- High quality of administrative expertise, sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in a tertiary institution
- A deep appreciation of the academic working environment, law, statutes and policies of the Ghana Communication Technology University
- Be principled with a strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity
- Be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, preferably with a strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity
- An understanding of the history and evolution of universities, local higher education policy and practice.
- Considerable experience in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external public
- Contemporary ICT skills and knowledge of technology-driven administrative systems
Tenure and Remuneration
- The Applicant should be able to serve the initial term of 4 years
- The appointment may be renewed for a further term of up to 4 years provided that the extension is not beyond the statutory retirement age of 60
Job Title: Pro Vice-Chancellor
Applicants interested in the position of Pro Vice-Chancellor at Ghana Communication Technology University will be required to have the following:
- Be of Professional status, a distinguished scholar of international repute and must have had considerable research and managerial experience in higher education leadership and administration
- Be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the university for the beneficial purposes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills and a deep appreciation of the academic working environment
- Experience in fund-raising and resource mobilisation for teaching, research and community services
- Effective leadership, supervision and mentoring skills can inspire, direct and motivate staff to advance the mandate, vision and related aspects of personal integrity, principled with a strong and proven sense of public morality and integrity
Tenure and Remuneration
- The Applicant should be able to serve the initial term of 3 years
- The appointment may be renewed for a further term of up to 3 years provided that the extension is not beyoung the statutory retirement age of 60
- The salary and conditions of service attached to this position are equivalent to those of Pro Vice-Chancellor of Public Universities in Ghana.
How to Apply for GCTU Recruitment
Interested and qualified persons should apply as follows:
1.Visit https://jobs.gctu.edu.gh to apply online and attach the following application materials (Application Letter, detailed curriculum, Vitae, certificates, and letter of appointment of current rank
2. An applicant should state the Rank and Office or Unit he/she wishes to apply for as the title of the Application Letter (E.G. Application for the Position of a Senior Assistant Registrar in the Legal Unit).
3. An applicant should submit six (6) hard copies of the application materials directly or by courier service to:
Ghana Communication Technology University,
Application Deadline: 11th February 2024/2025