The Garden City University Academic Calendar 2020/2021. Garden City University College, GCUC Academic Calendar for 2020/2021 Academic Session has been released.
The management of the Garden City University College (GCUC) has released the official academic calendar for the institution for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Garden City University Academic Calendar serves as an information source and planning document for students, faculty, staff and departments, as well as outside organisations. The calendar includes registration dates, class start dates, add/drop deadlines, exam dates and more.
GARDEN CITY UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC CALENDAR
Below is the Garden City University College (GCUC) academic calendar.
At the 38th (1st Virtual) Academic Board Meeting held on Friday, August 7, 2020 and in tandem with COVID-19 protocols, the following Schedule for the Completion of the 2019/2020 Academic Year and the Commencement of the 2020/2021 Academic Year was approved for implementation by the Academic Board:
|Parallel School Starts||Friday, July 17, 2020 – Friday, August 28, 2020|
|Faculty Board Meeting to Consider Final Year Students Results [Level 400]||Tuesday, July 28, 2020|
|Supplementary (Re-sit) Exams (In the form of On-line Assignment) for Final Year Students||Friday, August 7, 2020 – Sunday, August 9, 2020|
|Deadline for Submission of Supplementary Results of Final Year Student||Thursday, August 13, 2020|
|Submission of Results for Continuing Students||Friday, July 31, 2020|
|Faculty Board Meetings to Consider Continuing Students Results||Friday, August 20, 2020|
|Commencement of 2020/2021 Academic Year with Fresh (Top-up & CODeL) and Continuing Students for 1st Semester online||Friday, August 21, 2020|
|Registration of Continuing, Top-up & CODeL Students online||Friday, August 21, 2020 – Monday, September 7, 2020|
|Supplementary (Re-sit) Exams (In the form of On-line Assignment) for Continuing Students||Friday, August 28, 2020 – Monday, August 31, 2020|
|Academic Board Meeting to Consider Results of Final Year and Continuing Students [Level 100-400]||Friday, August 28, 2020|
|Lectures begin On-line for both Freshmen (Top-up & CODeL) and Continuing Students||-Friday, September 4, 2020 (For Weekend Stream)|
– Monday, September 7, 2020 (For Regular Stream)
|Submission of Supplementary (Re-sit) Results for Continuing Students||Friday, September 4, 2020|
To monitor the efficiency and compliance of Lecturers and Students to the On-line programme and Learning System the following mandatory measures shall apply:
- That Lecturers, in sending the zoom meeting link to students, should also send same to Heads of Department and the Weekend School Coordinator.
- That the zoom meetings with each class should be recorded and uploaded unto the GCUC Learning platform as evidence of attendance by Lecturers and participation by students. This will enable students who may have difficulties with internet connectivity to access the missed lecture later at their convenience.
- That the above monitoring strategy will first be piloted during the Parallel School programme to ascertain its efficacy.
- The IT Unit will furnish attendance lists of participants (Lecturers and Students) through the Assistant Registrar (Academic) to the Heads of Departments. .
Furthermore, the Academic Board noted that:
- Campus shall remain closed and Continuing, Top-Up and CODeL students will take all courses remotely/online, unless otherwise communicated.
- Practical-oriented programmes (Dental Therapy, Physician Assistantship Studies, Medical Laboratory Studies) with low numbers and, therefore, low risks may resume in-person teaching and learning, observing all the safety protocols.
- All First Years commence lectures fully in-person when government announces that universities should re-open. Safety protocols must be adhered to strictly.
- Campus re-opens to all students and resumes normal operations when government directs so. Safety protocols must be strictly enforced.
We are counting on the cooperation of Lecturers and students to successfully commence the University College schedule outlined above. Thank you.