The 2021 academic calendar is designed and planned in coordination with the leadership of CHASS keeping in mind the need to ensure that schools achieve closing the gap in learning due to schools closures for COVID-19 prevention.
• All SHS 3 students will complete *1,080 hours* before the beginning of WASSCE. They made up for lost time from *October to December 2020* with the partial reopening of schools to complete the 2019/2020 academic year.
• All SHS 2 students will complete *1,440 hours* of contact instead of the 1,134 as an effort to make up for lost time.
• All SHS 1 students will complete *1,350 hours* to help improve teaching and learning.
The three calendars are further explained below:
*SCHOOLS RUNNING DOUBLE TRACK FOR FORM 1&2 STUDENTS*
• Schools running this calendar have 5 tracks of students and at no point will more than 3 tracks of students be in school at the same time.
*SCHOOLS RUNNING DOUBLE TRACK FOR SHS 2 ONLY*
• Schools running this calendar have 4 tracks of students and at no point will more than 3 tracks of students be in school at the same time.
*SCHOOLS RUNNING THE SINGLE TRACK CALENDAR*
• The single track calendar is designed to ensure effective use of school infrastructure.
*All tracks of students have been provided with clear vacation and reopening dates to help schools, students and parents plan.