Electoral Commission of Ghana Recruitment 2019/2020 | The Electoral Commission of Ghana Recruitment form and application guide for 2019/2020 can be accessed on this page.
I believe you visited this page because you want to know when the Electoral Commission will be recruiting. Well, with regards to the 2020 general election, the Electoral Commission of Ghana will soon open applications for interested candidates to fill numerous positions.
Electoral Commission of Ghana Recruitment
For the 2020 election, applications are invited from qualified Ghanaians for recruitment as:- Returning Officer And Deputy Returning Officers for the upcoming district level elections and referendum.
As Returning Officer, you will be responsible for the conduct and supervision of the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections in a Constituency, under the direction of the District Electoral Officer and the Electoral Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities of The Returning Officer:
Your duties and responsibilities will include, among others:
• Posting the Notice of Election, Notice of Nomination and Notice of Poll in the Constituency
• Receiving and processing nominations of candidates
• Certifying the Letter of Appointment of a Polling Agent
• Collating Election results for both the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections from polling stations in the Constituency
• Declaring results of Parliamentary Elections in the Constituency
• Submitting election results and related documents to the District Electoral Officer. Assisting in the recruitment and training of polling staff
• Deputy Returning Officers will assist the Returning Officer in his/her duties
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree/HND/Diploma in Education/previous experience as Returning Officer
• Applicants must have considerable knowledge of the respective constituency
• An applicant must not be an active member of a political party
• An applicant must be in a position to be released by his/her employer for a period of at least three (3) months.
How to Apply for Electoral Commission of Ghana Recruitment
Prospective applicants can apply through the District Offices of the Electoral Commission throughout the country from Friday, 13th to Wednesday 18th September, 2019, the electoral body has announced.
“All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission,” a statement signed by Acting Director, Public Affairs of EC, Mrs Sylvia Annor said.
Applicants are required to state:
- the position applying for
- the region and
- the district
The application is opened to persons with First Degree, the minimum academic qualification for a Returning or Deputy Returning Officer.
“Experience in electoral work or working knowledge of Electoral Commission Operations and possession of means of transport will be an added advantage.”
Closing date for the submission of application is Wednesday 18th September 2019.
Online Applications shall not be accepted