Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Recruitment 2024/2025.
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)is a specialized agency in the United Nations system, headquartered in Vienna, Austria. The Organization’s primary objective is the promotion and acceleration of industrial development in developing countries and countries with economies in transition and the promotion of international industrial cooperation. It is also a member of the United Nations Development Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Driver
Under the supervision of the First Reporting Officer, the Senior Driver is responsible for the following key functions:
– Drive the UNIDO official vehicle(s) to provide the transportation of UNIDO office staff and other authorized persons in a timely, safe and courteous manner, as well as of other high-ranking officials, as and when required.
– Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities.
– Deliver and collect official mail and other documents as required, ensuring that all deliveries and collections are made in a timely manner
– Arrange for the regular professional service maintenance and repair of the UNIDO vehicle(s). This includes, maintaining a high-level of cleanliness and ensuring that oil, water, battery, brakes and tires all meet the authorized safety regulations. Log all official travel, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes.
– Immediately report incidents, accidents or concerns with regard to the safety of the vehicle and ensure that the steps required by applicable rules and regulations are taken.
– Carry out clerical and administrative ad-hoc assignments as requested.
– Maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in performing the driving, clerical and logistical support services to the UNIDO Representative.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language, particularly French is desirable.
Field of Expertise
• Knowledge of national traffic laws, rules and regulations and a good safe driving record, is required.
• Experience in driving high-ranking United Nations officials, staff members and/or diplomatic staff is desirable.
• Experience or knowledge of office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment, providing support to managerial/professional staff and using secretarial/administrative skills to assist in the implementation of work, is desirable.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), the Internet is desirable.
• Experience with SAP or similar ERP software is desirable.
How to Apply
Intersted applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 22nd Feb. 2021.