Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority Recruitment for IT Support Officer.
Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) is a specialized Institution of ECOWAS created in January 2008 by the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS with the mandate of regulating cross-border electricity exchanges, establishing an enabling investment environment for regional power projects and providing technical support to national regulators of the electricity sector of ECOWAS Member States.
- Company: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Monthly Salary: Euros 4,000
Duration: 2 years renewable
Under the supervision of the ERERA’s Senior IT Officer, the IT Support Officer shall give assistance in the management of ERERA’s IT systems and processes, as follows:
• Assist in the development and strategic implementation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies within ERERA
• Assist in the implementation of the plan for the acquisition and maintenance of all ICT equipment of ERERA
• Install, configure and administer all ICT systems, including hardware, software, communication and network equipment
• Troubleshoot and fix hardware, software and network related problems
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all ICT systems, including detailed technical specifications
• Provide technical assistance and support to users
• Perform routine audits of systems and software
• Backup and restore data files including users’ data, email, website etc….
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of ERERA’s internet website and intranet
• Support the production of ERERA’s publications and promotional items
• Perform graphic design of banners, posters, etc…for ERERA’s publications, website and events
• Manage multimedia resources including animation, audio, photos and videos, and all multimedia equipment
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
• A minimum of a first degree in computer science/Information Technology
• Candidates should possess at least five (5) years professional experience. An experience in energy sector, and specially in regulation will be an advantage.
• Demonstrative experience in setting up and configuring, administering and supporting servers and desktops.
• A good grounding in computer hardware, computer networking and windows.
• Professional certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, Security Plus and ITIL are
• Must have optimum knowledge and ability in the field of IT.
• Must have adequate experience in website and data base development and maintenance.
• Must possess good programming skills.
• A diploma in media and communication or related field would be an advantage.
• Experience using graphics and multimedia software is required
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Good understanding of the ECOWAS regional electricity sector.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong writing, proof-reading and editing skills.
• Excellent information gathering and reporting skills.
• The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
• Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants should send an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: [email protected] In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications. Closing Date: 30 August 2019