Devex Ghana Recruitment.
Devex is assisting a global education and technology non-profit to find a Senior Software Engineer with specific expertise in Node.js to plan, coordinate, engineer, and maintain the organization’s next generation of software.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
The software team is charged with developing the organization’s products used by more than 500,000 readers every month. These include a web application, multiple Android apps, in-house book management tools and the supporting backends. We use a wide range of technologies including RAILS, node.js, .NET, AWS, Azure, React and Android native. We work at scale, handling over 4M web visitors a month and our redshift database has grown to over 350M rows.
The senior software engineer will have a hand in our backend systems, be responsible for code health and ongoing evolution, and will take care of the entire lifecycle of different systems. Most importantly, the products they will develop are used in the Global South to help children and adults learn and improve their reading skills.
You are an ideal candidate if you connect with our mission, and have proven experience in implementing web applications across the full stack, including deployment to the cloud.
Engineering and Information Technology Innovation
- Participate in architecting our next generation tools
- Develop and maintain major parts of our node app
- Be the in-house expert in all things Node both language and toolchain
- Help develop our continuous Integration approach
- Model and support the streamlining of a unified/consistent coding best practice
- Partner with operations and other global staff to mobilize programmatic resources
- Four or more years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Proven expertise with node.js including the typical tool chain: npm, grunt/gulp, etc
- Proven experience successfully building software at scale
- Experienced with the full application life cycle from design through coding, testing, deployment and support
- Proven proficiency and comfort with SQL databases
- Advanced proficiency in English; verbal and written
Nice to Have
- Strong understanding of the different layers of a web stack
- Familiarity with cloud computing (either Azure or AWS)
- Experience with a CI approach to software development
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or .NET
- Experience in React, Angular or Vue.js
- Exposure to and comfort with both Azure and AWS
- Degree/certificate in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field(s)
You must have the necessary work permit and visa requirements prior to applying for the position. The organization does not sponsor visas.
Compensation and benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, staff enjoy:
- professional development and training,
- opportunities to travel internationally,
- flexible schedules to accommodate for our international presence, and
- the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to a world where everyone is a reader.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV and cover letter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.