Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Creative Associates Recruitment for Grants & Database Officer.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Company: Creative Associates
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Title: Grants & Database Officer
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Languages: English & French
- Position Location: Accra, Ghana
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national levels across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) approaches; to increase governmental and civil society leadership of CVE efforts; and to improve regional coordination.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants & Database Officer for the USAID Partnerships for Peace (P4P) Program to be based in Accra, Ghana. The Grants and Database Officer will be responsible for assisting to develop activity concept notes and budgets, assisting in the grant pre and post-award processes; following up with grantees on deliverables and other grants documentation; preparing documentation related to activities and grants; following up with partners and tracking implementation of activities; and filing all activity documents.
Reporting & Supervision
The Grants & Database Officer will report to the Grants and Database Manager.
The Grants & Database Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist to refine Grants Review Table
- Summarizing Grants Concept Notes and Proposals received into a Grants Review Table
- Use APS eligibility criteria to make recommendations of short-listed candidates
- Prepare and send responses to applicants after selection or rejection
- Receive full grants proposals from short-listed candidates
- Assist with compiling documentation and scheduling technical evaluation committees, and taking notes of each committee meeting
- Assist with preparing negotiation letters for applicants and engaging in negotiations with applicants under supervision of Grants and Database Manager
- Assist to conduct vetting of grantees through the pre-award assessment
- Assist with preparing selection memos, grant agreements and other documentation
- Assist with preparing and issuing Requests for Applications (RFAs) and solicitation amendments
- Draft email correspondence to grantees
- Send grant agreements for signature
- To be a central actor to track milestone/deliverable submissions and prepare payments in close collaboration with the Grants Officers of the country offices
- To be a central actor to track grantee’s reports and M&E data in close collaboration with the Grants Officers of the country offices
- Assist in developing a grants database, update it weekly with status of all grants applications as well as the grant management software (SMART)
- Archive and properly file all documentation on SharePoint in accordance with grants checklist
- Provide translation of documents from English to French, and French to English
- Prepare routine updates/reports on grants and mapping of grant activities, as required by USAID and P4P management
- And any other duties that will be assigned by the COP or Grants Manager
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Prior grants management experience working on USAID programs required;
- At least four (4) years’ general work experience preferably in West Africa; minimum of two (2) years managing grants;
- Strong writing and analytical skills desired;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and develop strong working relationships with grantees;
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in French required; high level of English proficiency desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Willingness to travel throughout West Africa.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume in English to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 30th December 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- All positions are full time and require a willingness to travel.
- Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants.
- Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.