Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program
Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate and no more than 25when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Value of Scholarship
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Duration of Program:
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
How to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program
- Step 1 – Apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
- Step 2 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System （Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in）,
- submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult your target university for the Instructions of the CGS Information System and Agency Number.
- Step 3 – Submit all your application documents to your target university before the deadline.
You need to apply latest 30th April. Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
For more information, visit the Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program.
Application Timeline: 30th April 2020 (Generally)