Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian students in Science, Engineering and Business for the Brighter Investments Financial Support 2019/2020.
Brighter Investment will provide financial support for 1,000 Ghanaian students across 8 tertiary institutions this year. The support will cover tuition and accommodation as well as living expenses for beneficiaries for as long as they are in school.
The support is targeted at high school leavers and university undergraduates in science and business-related programs that would require some form of financial support to earn a university degree. Students must earn between aggregates 6 and 16 in WASSCE or a first or upper class at the university to qualify for the support.
In addition to financing the university education of beneficiaries, Brighter Investment runs a high-impact mentorship program that is geared at ensuring the academic and professional success of beneficiaries. The mentorship program currently has over 200 students and 130 industry professionals on board and hopes to expand its scope in the coming months.
With 49 graduates and 172 students supported in the last four years, the results to date show that BI students have outperformed their peers, increased their incomes and are less likely to be unemployed with their degree.
Brighter Investment is not a charitable organisation. This means that students have to repay. The deal is: Brighter Investment pays for the higher education of talented students, and after graduating and getting a job, STUDENTS REPAY A PERCENTAGE OF THEIR INCOME for a limited period of time. The repayment period is typically six years for a full four-year degree university program.
Brighter Investments Financial Support Requirements
- Grade 16 or better in WASSCE (Fresh Students)
- Second Class Upper (Continuing Students)
- Recommendation from high school teacher/university lecturer.
- Tuition fees fully paid for.
- Housing Fees
- Monthly Allowance
- Mentorship and Career Support
Note: To complete your application, you would be required to provide the email address of a teacher/lecturer for the recommendation. You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your WASSCE Results and a valid ID Card.
- University of Ghana
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Kumasi Technical University
- University of Cape Coast
- University for Development Studies
- University of Mines and Technology
How to Apply for Brighter Investments Financial Support
All applications to Brighter Investment are done through our online application portal: www.brighterinvestment.com/students
To Begin the Application:
- Click visit www.brighterinvestment.com/degrees to check if your program is part of our supported degree programs in your university.
- Click on “APPLY NOW”
- Select your country, status and desired degree. If your degree does not appear, type it into the box provided.
Note: Keep an eye out for emails from Brighter Investment about the next application steps.