How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa From Ghana… This is a complete guide on how to apply for a student visa to study in Cyprus for Ghanaians – Student visa application fee, visa processing time, student visa application guideline, and requirements.
Cyprus is a beautiful country and the third largest island in the Mediterranean, situated by the south of Turkey, Sicily, and Sardinia. The country is a member of the European and Schengen region. Cyprus has established a reputation for quality higher learning with an educational system which consists of some prestigious universities and institutions in Europe.
Different factors make Cyprus the perfect destination for Ghanaian students who decide to study there. Some of the benefits of studying in Cyprus include;
- High-quality education
- Professional and competent academic staff
- Internationally accredited programs
- Low cost of living ranging from $350 – $600 per month
- Affordable tuition fees €3600 – €7000 per year.
If you are yet to apply to schools in Cyprus, click here to see admission application processes.
- 1 How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa From Ghana
- 2 Duration of Cyprus Student Visa
- 3 Cost of Cyprus Student Visa
- 4 How to Renew Student Visa in Cyprus
- 5 Required Documents for Cyprus Student Visa Application
- 6 How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa From Ghana
- 7 Cyprus Student Visa Processing Time
How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa From Ghana
As a Ghanaian international student looking to study in Cyprus, you’ll need to apply for a Cyprus student visa from the Cyprus Consulate in Accra before traveling to Cyprus. Student visas are issued only to full-time international students. A full-time student is one who takes a minimum of 12 credits in a semester.
Duration of Cyprus Student Visa
The student visa duration depends on the program and the duration of the course you choose. Before applying for a Cyprus study permit, you must know the duration of the course and the type of visa that you need.
As an international student, the Cyprus student permit allows you to work while pursuing your education in Cyprus. Students can work up to 20 hours per week during term-time. However, it is illegal for students to work without an approved employment contract.
Cost of Cyprus Student Visa
The cost of the Cyprus Student visa for Ghanaian is €60. The price is always the same no matter the duration of your studies.
How to Renew Student Visa in Cyprus
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled at Cyprus University. But it is advisable to process your visa renewal 90 days before the expiring date.
Required Documents for Cyprus Student Visa Application
Here is a list of required documents you will need if you are applying for a Cyprus study permit from Ghana.
- A fully completed application form.
- The passport that should be valid for at least one (1) year
- Non-refundable application fee
- Four (4) passport-size photographs.
- Attested (certified true) copies of the student’s academic qualifications.
- Evidence of proficiency in English (if possible)
- A photocopy of the passport. Keeping in mind that the passport must be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of the student’s arrival.
If the applicant is called for an interview then he must have to appear in the interview with the following documents:
- Original academic certificates with attested copies in English.
- A recent certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the country of residence.
- A recent bank statements from the sponsor’s bank stating that the specific costs of living and studying in Cyprus.
- Admission offer letter from your institute or university in Cyprus detailing the following;a.The applicant’s full name.
b. The name of the institution.
c. What course/programme.
d. The duration of the course/programme.
e. Details of tuition fees.
How to Apply for Cyprus Student Visa From Ghana
- Apply for admission into Cyprus University. Proceed to the next step when you have been granted admission.
- Download the Cyprus student visa application form online. Click here to download.
- Submit the duly completed form at the Cyprus consulate in Accra, Ghana.
- Pay the required visa processing fee of €60.
- Schedule a visa appointment (place your appointment at least 2 months before your intended travel date).
Cyprus Student Visa Processing Time
Cyprus student visa application is submitted at the Cyprus consulate in Carra. Applications submitted will be assessed by the Cyprus consulate in Accra for forwarding to the Civil Archive and Migration Department for final visa approval consideration.
Once the visa is obtained, a copy will be presented to the student.
The visa procedure takes about one month that’s why it is necessary to file an application at least 2-3 months before the expected date of enrollment.
On Arrival in Cyprus
Students must report to the educational institution on the first working day after their arrival in order to register and proceed with the remaining formalities needed for the issue of a temporary residence permit.
International students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days as from the day of arrival in Cyprus.
They are also obliged to proceed for medical examinations on the first working day after their arrival, to submit the relevant medical certificates to the District Police Alien Branch within one week from the date of arrival.