How to Apply for Canada Student Visa From Ghana… This is a complete guide on how to apply for Canada student visa for Ghanian – application, guideline, and requirements.
Canada educational system is one of the best in the world as such there is a massive influx of international students into Canadian Universities. Research, scientific publications and international collaborations are three of the aspects that Canada and its universities focus on.
As a foreign student, you will need a study permit to study in Canada. This visa is made specifically for students like you who are ready to begin their study abroad adventure in Canada. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institution for the duration of the specified course or program.
However, there are some cases where a foreign student do not require a study permit to school in Canada.
- If the course or program you intend to study is less that 6 months in duration.
- If you are a family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.
- If you are a member of a foreign armed force.
Nonetheless, it may be a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada anyway – otherwise, if you decide you want to continue your studies in another program, you’ll need to leave Canada to apply for a study permit through a visa office.
At the expiration of your student visa, you can apply for renewal through immigration office in Canada if you so decide to continue with your studies.
For full-time international students, a study permit also allows you to work part-time on campus. There many opportunities for full-time student, you can work off campus as well as a co-op or intern, you can as well apply for a permanent residence permit after graduation.
How Long Does It Take to Get A Canadian Student Visa?
Immediately after you’ve been accepted to and enrolled in the university of your choice, you can already start your application for the Canadian Study permit. You should apply at least 4-6 months before your university degree programme starts.
After application, it can take about 140 days for your permit to be approved.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
The process for obtaining a Canadian student visa is as follows:
- You must first obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider. Students studying in Quebec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec. You must acquire this before you are permitted to apply for a study permit. You can get this online, by printing out a form, or by requesting a paper form from your university, which will also provide advice on this subject.
- The next stage is to get a Canadian student visa application package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. You may also need to obtain a temporary residence permit if you are from a designated country (find out if you need to get one here), but this will not complicate matters too much as it’ll be processed at the same time as your study permit application.
- In order to get your application package, you’ll need to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website. These questions will determine whether you are eligible to apply online for a Canadian student permit, and what documents you’ll need to provide.
- If you are found eligible, you will receive a personal checklist code, valid for 60 days, which you will need in order to submit your application online. Make sure to print out the page containing your code for future reference. The page will also include an application guide, an estimated tuition fees amount, a list of documents you will need to submit with your application, and guidelines for your next steps.
- When you are ready to apply, create a MyCIC account, where you will enter your personal checklist code. You will then receive your personal document checklist which allows you to upload and send your documents to CIC. You’ll need a printer or a scanner to do this.
- Once you have your documents and application form ready and have paid your fees, you can submit your completed application to CIC.
- Some applicants may have to attend an interview at their local visa office (Click Here to access Canadian Embassy Contact Details in Ghana)
Cost of Canada Student Visa for Ghanian?
To apply for the Canadian Study permit, you will also have to pay a fee of 150 CAD. Depending on your situation, Canadian authorities will allow you to pay this fee online, on location at a visa application center in Ghana, or through a bank transfer.
Ghanaian students won’t need to get health insurance for the Canadian visa.
If you apply for the visa at an application centre, you’ll have to pay a visa service fee of 31 CAD. You will also need to pay for the travel costs to London for your medical exam. You may also have to pay for the medical exam. CAD.