Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment for Tower Crane Rigger. AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment application deadline is 30th December 2018.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Role and Context
The Tower Crane Rigger is accountable for directing the Surface Processing Plant tower cranes operation to support the construction, refurbishment and maintenance work through the application of compliant, safe operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Prepare loads or materials for movement. This includes dismantling machinery and storing materials appropriately so that they’re safe and protected during the move.
- Set Up Moved Machinery. This mostly includes aligning the machinery in its new spot, levelling it properly, and anchoring it so it doesn’t move during use.
- Store rigging equipment to stay in good condition
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure the safety of workers and materials.
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools
- Select gear such as slings, shackles, chokers and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to manoeuvre over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment.
- At least secondary school certificate from relevant high school
- Crane/Tower crane Rigger trade certification from a relevant institution is compulsory or Completed a one- to three-year apprenticeship program or industry courses in crane operating or Certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO).
- Must have crane rigger’s certificate from a Statutory body
- An experienced Crane/Tower Crane Rigger with 8+ years’ experience in construction or industrial sites, ports, railway yards, surface plants or mines and other similar locations.
NOTE: Interested Ghanaians with the above qualifications and experiences should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to submit CV and Application.