Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment for Tower Crane Operator. AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment application deadline is 27th December 2018.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Role and Context
The Tower Crane Operator is accountable for operating and maintaining the Surface Processing Plant tower cranes to support the construction, refurbishment and maintenance work through the application of compliant, safe operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Perform pre-operation checks on the electrical system including startup, limit and load switches, swing and drum motors and brakes.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hydraulic systems – reservoir tank levels, hydraulic hoses, “o” rings and filters.
- Perform inspection and lubrication of mechanical systems – rotating mechanisms including sheaves, pulleys, cables, shafts and bearings.
- Perform pre-plan safety meetings with sub-contractors to ensure daily work schedules are accomplished in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform pre-operational tests, inspection of load line and crane parts and scheduled maintenance for lubrication.
- Communicate with the ground crew to ensure safety and prevent collateral damage within project and operations.
- Hoist and move material around the job site for all construction, refurbishment and maintenance work.
- Control crane movement in response to hand signals or radio commands by a supervisor or signaller/rigger.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of crane mast, wire rope and sheaves
- Keep and fill out all inspection logs for crane
- Daily Progress Reports completed as well as regular administrative duties involved for the dept. requisitions and inventory recording.
- Accompany third-party inspector on statutory tower crane inspection.
- At least secondary school certificate from relevant high school
- Tower crane operator trade certification from a relevant institution is compulsory. Or Completed a one- to three-year apprenticeship program or industry courses in crane operating.
- Must have crane operator’s certificate from Statutory body
- An experienced Tower Crane Operator with 8+ years’ experience in construction or industrial sites, ports, railway yards, surface plants or mines and other similar locations
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to submit Cv and Application.