The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships
Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2022-23 AIG Scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public service
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Gain admission into the Blavatnik School of Government following success in the AIG shortlisting process
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are essential priorities for selection.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status will not be responded to.
- All applications must be submitted via the online application portal using the link below. Applications sent via post or submitted in person will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be required to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admission. Finalists offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the school for the AIG Scholarship.
How to Apply for Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships
2022/23 AIG Scholarships Application Window is now open – APPLY HERE
For more information, visit the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.
The Application Window for the 2022/23 Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is now open and closes on Tuesday, 5 October 2021.