Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Taipei International Students Scholarship 2019/2020 to study in Taiwan.
University of Taipei International Students Scholarship
The actual scholarship applicants granted and the total months offering the scholarship will vary, depending on the revenues and expenditures of each category as well as the number of international students enrolled. The scholarship will be offered based on specific earmarks compiled by Office of International Affairs of the University, be supported by departments of Ministry of Education, or from other relevant funds.=
University of Taipei International Students Scholarship Eligibility
- The application qualification is based on “MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.” If the MOE Regulations were updated or changed, the latest version of the MOE Regulations announced by MOE shall prevail.
- Nationality: An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China(“R.O.C.”) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, is qualified to apply for admission under this regulation.
- An individual of foreign nationality, who have stayed overseas continuously for no less than 6 years pursuant to the following regulations:
- An individual who also is a national of the R.O.C., but does not hold nor has had a household registration in Taiwan.
- An individual who also was a national of the R.O.C. but has no R.O.C. nationality at the time of their application shall have an annulled status regarding their R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after an annulment of R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
- Regarding individuals mentioned in the preceding 2 subparagraphs, they must not have studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student nor received placement permission during the same year of the application by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
- According to the Education Cooperation Framework Agreement, a foreign national who was selected by a foreign government, organization, or school, and does not hold a household registration from the time of their birth is not subject to the limitations as prescribed in the preceding 2 paragraphs after receiving the approval from the authorized educational government agencies.
- An applicant of foreign nationality, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years is qualified to apply for admission under these regulations.
- A person whose father or mother was, at the time of his (her) birth, a citizen of the Republic of China.
- A person born after the death of his (her) father or mother who was, at the time of his (her) death, a citizen of the Republic of China.
- A person born in the territory of the Republic of China and whose parents are both unknown or are stateless.
- A naturalized person. The provisions specified in sub-paragraphs 1 and 2 of the preceding Paragraph shall apply to minor children on the date of the promulgation of the amendment of this Law.
- Educational qualificationApplicants who have graduated from a high school, college or university recognized by the Ministry of Education, ROC canapply for admission
- International students with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs; bachelor’s degree holders for Master’s programs; Master’s degree holders for doctoral programs.
Worth of Award
- Total fund for each master student or PhD student will be NT$120,000. Each undergraduate students will be granted NT$80,000 in total.
- After enrollment, the fund will be offered four months in total per semester.
- Support fund recipients studying for a master’s degree or doctoral degree will be given a monthly stipend of NT$15,000.
- Undergraduate students will be given a monthly stipend of NT$10,000.
How to Apply for University of Taipei International Students Scholarship
- The Application for the Scholarship is online, through their websites
- Please submit the required documents in the online application
For more information, visit the University of Taipei International Students Scholarship.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019.