Every company whether small or large-scale spends a lot of money trying to create awareness about its products and services.
These organizations understand that consumers are likely to purchase more goods whenever products are advertised in a way that appeals to their needs.
This is why people who pursue a career in advertising are usually in high demand as they work alongside other creatives to generate content that would attract customers.
Job Profile For Advertising
A career in advertising lets you explore different concepts and strategies when trying to create the next big commercial for your client.
Many people make use of advertising as a marketing tool for their goods, services, and ideas which are advertised on various channels of communication. The channel could be;
- Email marketing
Experts in the field of advertising usually come up with the appropriate budget and channels that can be used in bringing your products closer to prospective clients.
Your working hours depends largely on your position as individuals in junior positions work longer hours researching and working with other people from different departments such as public relations experts, copywriters, and sales associate.
Creativity is essential in having a successful career in the field of advertising, therefore you may be required to work on different projects which may be challenging but rewarding.
Job Description For Advertising
Your daily activities would involve;
- Meet with client companies and discuss their needs and expectations
- Conduct surveys on the target market and audience needs
- Create advertising plans and content to reach those demographics
- Work with graphic designers, copywriters, and other content creators to create amazing content tailored towards the client’s needs
- Test concepts and review results with client companies
- Research the effect of advertisement on the sales of products
- Research market and draw meaningful conclusions from data
- Use appropriate communication channels for circulation of advertising materials
What Skill Should I Have To Work In Advertising?
Some of the relevant skills in the field of advertising includes;
- Problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking and decision making skills
- Knowledge of advertising techniques
- Organizational Skills
- Customer relationship skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good eye for details
- Research and writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Time management and Positive mental attitude
Where Can I Work With A Degree In Advertising?
Due to the Need for advertising in almost every sector, a career in advertising would enable you to work in the following organization;
- Advertising Firms
- Radio Stations
- Tv Stations
- Manufacturing Industries
- Newspaper and Magazine outlets
- Digital Marketing Firms
What Steps Can I Take To Be Successful In Advertising?
Having a degree in advertising, mass communication, journalism or public relations would enable you to get an entry-level job in the advertising sector.
But due to the high level of competition from graduates of other disciplines, you must learn more digital skills such as social media marketing, digital marketing, content creation etc. to give you an advantage over other applicants during a Job application Process.