A Degree in Electrical and electronics engineering seems to be sought after by students who love to apply their knowledge of electrical engineering across all engineering fields. An electrical engineer enjoys a successful career in whatever industry he/she decides to work in due to their knowledge, expertise, and skillset.
- 1 What Does A Degree In Electrical and Electronics Engineering Offer?
- 2 What Skills Do I Need To Have?
- 3 The Requirement to Study Electrical and Electronics Engineering In Ghana
- 4 What Kind Of Job Can I Get With A Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
- 5 Universities In Ghana Where You Can Study Electrical and Electronics Engineering
What Does A Degree In Electrical and Electronics Engineering Offer?
Due to the versatility that this degree offers, you would be involved in both pre and post-production of equipment used across various disciplines. Sometimes you might even be involved with supervising manufacturing processes to ensure that the electrical components of machines are running efficiently. A good knowledge of design, manufacturing processes, and recent theoretical knowledge in your field is important for your career advancement as an electrical engineer.
Read Also; Aeronautical Engineering Job Description
What Skills Do I Need To Have?
As an Electrical engineer, there are skills that would aid your work because your job as an engineer would require that you work with teams of experts from other fields. You should have;
- Interpersonal skills
- Good oral, written and communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Presentation and IT skills
- Project and Time management skills
- Adequate theoretical knowledge of basic concepts in electrical engineering
- Ability to work effectively on a team
The Requirement to Study Electrical and Electronics Engineering In Ghana
Good science background with a knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, physics, further mathematics e.t.c. is important for your success as an undergraduate student. You would also be required to have a good WAEC result and pass university entrance examinations. Engineering degrees are usually specialized degrees, to obtain a post-graduate degree in electrical engineering would require that you have a bachelor’s degree in any of the engineering programs.
What Kind Of Job Can I Get With A Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
Some of the areas you can work in as an electrical engineer include but are not limited to the places specified below :
- Manufacturing Industries
- Aviation Industries
- Governmental agencies
- Universities (as an academic)
- Companies within the power sector
- Telephone companies
Universities In Ghana Where You Can Study Electrical and Electronics Engineering
To work in ghana would require that you have a bachelors or masters degree in universities such as:
- Accra Institute of Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
- Regent University College of Science and Technology
- University of Energy and Natural Resources
- KAAF University
- University of Mines and Technology
- Ashesi University College