Zormelo & Associate is accepting applications from interested and qualified candidates for the position of Senior Government & Public Affairs Advisor
- Works closely with the Business to highlight changes relating to political risks in the company’s operating environment and assists in the development of management strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Uses detailed understanding of the Business Drivers to identify relevant socio-political risks to ensure that business decisions take cognizance of the same.
- Develops relationships with relevant external political consultants, policy advisers, think tanks, etc. to build a network and provide information to the business on emerging/current political risks.
- Develops coherent and robust political, economic and social risk scenarios as input to the company’s strategic planning and external stakeholder management.
- Compiles briefs on how emerging Ghanaian political risks could affect the company’s global business, and ensure that the relevant issues and Group positions are taken into account in the development of external responses.
- Supports the development and execution of Issues Management Plans to deliver risk mitigation objectives. Convenes Issues Teams to scope and develop the Plans, execute and review progress.
- Maintains the Stakeholder Register to enable rapid identification of stakeholder groups by issue or entity. Drafts engagement briefs outlining the context, objectives, participants and key messages required to support delivery of Issues Management Plans, including stakeholder profiles for external stakeholders.
- Supports relationship building with Government partners to enhance the company’s reputation for Local Content transparency, compliance and inclusiveness.
- Collaborates with the Communications team to develop messaging, information & communication tools to support internal/external engagement, including issue briefs, position papers, presentations and Q&As.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- First degree from a leading university in Politics and Economics, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in one or a combination of the following:
- Economics/international business policy or strategy development
- Government advocacy and/external affairs work.
- Strong experience of and proven ability in political risk reporting and analysis of political environments (security risk reporting and analysis would be acceptable).
- Excellent understanding of regional, national and global political trends and an appreciation of their implications for running a sustainable business.
- Track record of government advocacy and/or external affairs work.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: oil and gas, extractives industries, financial services, multilateral development or financial institutions, multinational companies, strategic management consulting company leading initiatives in social and economic development
- A good understanding of the political culture and government decision making processes in Ghana and the West Africa Region.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidate should click here to apply