Young Health Programme (YHP) is now accepting applications for its fully funded Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands. Deadline for submission of Young Health Programme Scholarship applications is 19th May, 2018.
Wherever we work in the world, we aim to make a positive impact in our local communities and collaborate to address the health issues that most affect people at a local, national and global level. Our Young Health Programme (YHP) embodies this belief. Through YHP we work to address the growing burden of non-communicable disease (NCDs) – conditions like type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart and respiratory disease. We do it with a unique focus on youth and primary prevention. Evidence shows that many NCDs are linked to behaviours that begin during adolescence: tobacco use, the harmful use of alcohol, physical inactivity and unhealthy diets. Once behaviours are formed, they are difficult to break. Through YHP, we aim to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life.
But YHP is not just about health education and promotion. We work with NCD Child, Rise Up Together and Plan International UK to put adolescent health on the healthcare agenda. We invest in research to generate new evidence that fills the gaps in our knowledge about adolescent health and risk behavior activity. And most importantly, we work to provide youth with a voice. Youth are at the core of everything we do. Young people have a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions. As Alyssa Frampton, YHP Youth Ambassador and One Young World Ambassador says, health cannot be “about us, without us.”
We are proud to provide charitable support to One Young World to engage more youth in our efforts to address the issue of adolescent health and disease prevention. We are collaborating with One Young World to offer ten scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
YOUNG HEALTH PROGRAMME SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY.
We are looking for young people who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organisation, social enterprise, community based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to adolescent health. The successful scholars will join ten other YHP delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in The Hague.
- Aged 18 – 30
- An evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and health promotion and/or social determinants of health.
- A leadership ability in their chosen cause or issue
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
YOUNG HEALTH PROGRAMME SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Access to Young Health Programme pre-Summit workshop
- Discretionary funds to provide for reasonable out of pocket expenses related to travel to and from The Hague.
HOW TO APPLY FOR YOUNG HEALTH PROGRAMME SCHOLARSHIP.
Follow the link below to apply:
Apply Before: 8th May, 2018.