Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision Ghana Recruitment 2022.
The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is a non-profit international membership organization whose vision is a sustainable and thriving cocoa sector – where farmers prosper, cocoa-growing communities are empowered, human rights are respected, and the environment is conserved.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Ledger Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support transactional processes within the GL department, as detailed in the major responsibilities, as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, by ensuring the compliance of all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual, and General Accounting principles.
- Upload/import journals including budget and actual transactions; adjustments and reversals; GEMS output files and all other journals.
- Clear split billing (59098) account on a regular basis, ensuring 0 balance on the 1st business day of the following month.
- Perform accounts allocation globally.
- Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Functional knowledge of general accounting standards and transactions recording.
- Desirable English communication (spoken and written).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various transactional issues.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including internal controls.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions.
- At least 6 months experience in General Ledger/Accounting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork in a virtual team environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.