Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision Ghana Recruitment 2021.
The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is a non-profit international membership organization whose vision is a sustainable and thriving cocoa sector – where farmers prosper, cocoa-growing communities are empowered, human rights are respected, and the environment is conserved.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GI-WASH Technical Specialist
|Advocacy and policy engagement
- In consultation with the GI-WASH Program Manager, initiate and support identification of WASH advocacy issues and targets, and develop and manage partnership with government, bilateral and multilateral institutions; research and academic institutions and other NGOs to advance WV’s advocacy.
- In liaison with the GI-WASH Manager, support the GI-WASH teams and help in defining advocacy related intervention targets for all GI-WASH implementing clusters whilst ensuring that targets are met timely within approved budgets.
- Support in WASH sector researches in partnership with academia, research institutions and other organisations to generate evidence that would inform policy and more effective WASH programming.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to influence national and sub-national policies, remove barriers and promote access to sustainable WASH services for children and their families, especially the poor and vulnerable.
- Provide technical support to existing and new advocacy coalitions to promote WV and sector efforts at greater prioritization and increased financing for sustainable WASH services delivery
|Networking and External Engagement
- In consultation with the GI WASH Program Manager, support the identification of national level partnerships and follow up the preparation, signing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of MoUs.
- Network with Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, development partners, civil society and relevant stakeholders to build capacity, foster synergies, promote information sharing and scale up tested WASH models and interventions
- Represent WV Ghana on all relevant WASH sector platforms including as Chair of the Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Water and Sanitation and member of the Ministerial Advisory Board of the Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources.
- Feedback to WV Ghana on the policy dynamics and context- specific WASH concerns at the National level, to inform programmes and projects designs that meets National and Global WASH standards.
|Capacity building and system Strengthening Support
- Provide technical backstopping to WASH Project Officers and the implementation teams and estgablish linkages with other Technical Programme Managers, to ensure effective implementation of GI-WASH programme in an integrated and coordinated manner.
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning initiatives of GI-WASH programme and embedded learning with the WASH strategic objectives, sub-objectives and targets.
- Take up further responsibilities on the Universal WASH Initiative in Ghana – Finishing the Job, including: engage with donors and mobilize more funding through engagements with corporate Ghana, Government donors and others to ensure full and continuous funding for Universal WASH in Ghana.
- Work with the TP Manager to support capacity building of MMDAs and relevant partner staff and strengthen their operational systems for planning, project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure sufficient and timely flow of management and operational information and reports to the various stakeholders in GI-WASH according to established reporting standards and protocols.
- Implement new initiatives (including the School Sanitation Solutions Challenge) aimed at increasing Child Participation in WASH and building their capacity to become agents of change and co-create sustainable WASH solutions that last
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.