Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2020.
The World Health Organization (WHO) as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building future leaders in public health.
Facility-based childbirth is increasing globally and in Ghana, but high proportions of avoidable maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality still occur in facilities. A major roadblock that has been identified is suboptimal Quality of Care for mothers and newborns. It has, therefore, become necessary to go beyond maximizing coverages of essential interventions to ensuring the quality of care to accelerate reductions in maternal and perinatal mortality and severe morbidity.
WHO together with UNICEF and other partners launched the Network for Improving the Quality of Care (QoC) for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH). The vision of the WHO-led Quality of Care Network is a future where “Every mother and newborn receives quality care throughout pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal period”. The four strategic objectives of the network are centred on Leadership, Action, Learning and Accountability. Ghana is among the 10 first wave Network countries to implement this quality improvement initiative.
Job Title: Public Health Emergency
Scope of work
• Provide hands-on technical support in surveillance, data management, and response activities COVID-19 including contact listing and tracing;
▪ Support COVID-19 capacity building and simulation exercises for surveillance, laboratory, early diagnosis, case management, infection prevention and control;
▪ Provide relevant technical input for effective risk communication, public information and education.
• Support country efforts in CPVID-19 preparedness and response, working in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, various national stakeholders and other partners;
• Support monitoring, evaluation and reporting of COVID-19 preparedness and response activities
• Carry out any other activities as assigned by the WHO Country Representative
Duty Station: Accra
The position requires an epidemiologist/clinician with the following criteria.
▪ Hold a degree in medicine or relevant health field obtained from a recognized University with at least Master’s Degree in public health / community health / epidemiology
▪ Have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field of public health, disease surveillance, epidemiology and case management in Ghana;
▪ Have a track record of working successfully in similar position as outlined in the scope of work
▪ Have skills in basic data management and analytical software programmes
1. Moving forward in a changing environment
2. Producing results
3. Fostering integration and teamwork
Duration of Assignment
The estimated duration of the temporary recruitment is at least 6 months with the possibility of extension depending on the evolution of the outbreak and the availability of funds.
Application Deadline: 06th October 2020.