The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) teaching syllabus for junior high school (JHS) for 2022 can be accessed on this page.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) teaching syllabus for JHS 2022 contains all the guidelines for the conduct of the WAEC BECE examination. The BECE syllabus is recommended for both teachers and students in the junior secondary school.
These syllabi are your guide for tackling BECE questions and also expose you to nearly everything that you need to know about the subjects. The BECE teaching syllabi are well-organized, specific and detailed. I recommend the syllabus for all private and school candidates who will be participating in the 2022 WAEC BECE exams.
One of the secrets of passing the examination is adequate preparation and understanding of the subject. Poor performance in WAEC BECE is the results of students lack of knowledge of common pitfalls, coupled with inadequate coverage of syllabus.
We also recommend you check this information below before proceeding.
- Free WAEC BECE Past Questions and Answers.
- WAEC BECE Registration Procedures.
- WAEC BECE Timetable.
- WEAC BECE Registration Fees.
- WAEC Ghana Syllabus for All Subjects.
So instead of getting stranded in the examination all, why not prepare well by availing yourself with the necessary materials to excel. So, we’ve compiled the teaching syllabus for the junior secondary school in Ghana.
Some of the subjects include Mathematics, English Language, Integrated Science, Social Studies, French, Physical Education, Information and Communication Technology, Ghanaian Language and Culture and many more.
WAEC BECE Teaching Syllabus for JHS
Click on the link representing the subject you want to access/download the syllabus for Junior High School.
- Computing Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- History Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Physical Education Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Religious and Moral Education Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Science Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- Science Syllabus for Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- Mathematics Syllabus for Lower Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- Mathematics Syllabus for Higher Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- English Syllabus for Lower Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- English Syllabus for Higher Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- French Syllabus (Basic 1-6).
The syllabi above are the latest ones released by the Ghana Education Service (GES). They are for both School Candidates (May/June) and Private Candidates (Jan/Feb & Nov/Dec).
New JHS Syllabus – Common Core Programme Curriculum
- Career technology
- Creative art and design
- Ghanaian Language
- Physical and health education
If there is/are any subject(s) not included here, drop it/them in the comments section. We will upload it/them here latest 48hrs.