Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Vodafone Recruitment for Enterprise Systems Monitoring Engineer.
Vodafone, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. The company in Ghana operates under Vodafone Group Plc – the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
- Company: Vodafone
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- To be the custodian of the Enterprise Monitoring Systems and working to ensure that the system tools are always updated with field configurable items (CI) with the overall aim of improving enterprise proactive monitoring.
- Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Responsible to support the monitoring infrastructure in delivering and maintaining the system management event monitoring capabilities.
- Acknowledge all alarms in the Management System and proactively inform customer of outage whiles logging incident in Job management tool.
- Ensure that the monitoring system will be updated after the set-up of new
- platforms and/or services
- Maintain health of the environment by keeping the environment current with upgrades and patches and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with the associated tools.
- Proactively testing of top 56 HVC services to prevent foreseeable breakdowns.
- Must ensure all NMS have proper backups for business continuity.
- Be able to work and interact with other teams, operations staff, Service Delivery staff, Enterprise and Management and also lead and drive recovery activities during service related outage events
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- 3 – 5 years Telecoms or IT Industry experience
- Have worked within a pressurized environment and experience in analysing risks and making recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical customers
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills. Application development or
- Engineering experience, baseline support experience, demonstrated customer communication skills, and excellent interpersonal communications. Experience with Enterprise Systems Management tools.
- Have experience of facilitating technical discussions with either customers and/or suppliers to solve service problems and ability to effectively use MS Office products including Word / Excel/ PowerPoint / Outlook.
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication and/or related fields
How to Apply
Interested applicants should Click here to submit CV and Application Letter.