Applications are open for international students for the 2021/2022 UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Postgraduate Scholarships to study in the UK.
UWE Bristol offers the Chancellor’s scholarship to a bright and exceptional international student to study for the academic session
UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Postgraduate Scholarship
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to undertake an internship working within the International Office or other departments and will also be required to undertake ambassadorial activity for the University throughout the duration of the course.
Following graduation, recipients will also be expected to be an active member of the UWE Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programmes to prospective students.
UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility
All applicants must:
- Have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st in an undergraduate degree
- Hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition
- Be a new student to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study
- Be classed as overseas for fees purposes
- Not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award
- Provide official transcripts at the time of application
- The International office will assess their application and notify them by email if their application meets or does not meet the above criteria. Only those applications meeting the criteria will be sent to the scholarship board for final assessment.
- The scholarship board will assess successful applications based on the answers provided to the scholarship task questions sent to applicants via their UWE Welcome website. The scholarship board will be looking for the very highest academic achievers who have given full and relevant answers to the questions asked.
- Application should reflect applicants’ abilities and motivation, how they intend to use their experience and knowledge from studying this course.
- They will also look at applicant’s professional experience and career aspirations and how committed applicants are to contributing to society, their country and the university after this course.
Value of Scholarship: 50% full tuition fees
Duration of Scholarship: One academic year
How to Apply for UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Postgraduate Scholarship
The application deadline for the January 2021 scholarship is Saturday 31 October 2020. Applicants who have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st in an undergraduate degree will be invited to apply via their UWE Welcome portal by completing the scholarship task.
If you are successful, you will be notified via email by Monday 30 November 2020.
If you accept the scholarship, you will need to pay your £3,000 deposit to UWE Bristol within a week of receiving your scholarship offer letter. You will also have to prove that you satisfy the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fees.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2020
For more information, visit the UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Postgraduate Scholarship.