The University of York is pleased to offer ten Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for a Be Exceptional scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two) (you don’t need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 22 March 2021 [round one] or Monday 21 June 2021 [round two])
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate or a postgraduate taught masters course.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are an undergraduate student and have made us your insurance choice before 22 March 2021 (round one) or Monday 21 June 2021 (round two).
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
Value and Duration of Award
There are ten scholarships available:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
How to Apply for University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
- Apply now
For more information, visit the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
Application Deadline:Monday 22 March 2021, 11.59pm GMT