Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Houston International Student Merit Scholarship 2023. The entire application details for the University of Houston International Student Merit Scholarship 2023 can be accessed below.
Details about the University of Houston International Student Merit Scholarship
- Scholarship Country: US
- Scholarship by: University of Houston
- Financial Coverage: Partially Funded
The University of Houston USA International Merit Student Scholarship 2023 is available to undertake Bachelor, and Masters level programs at the University of Houston.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. The award can reduce the total cost of attendance between $3000-$10,000 (two semesters). For international students on F-1 and J-1 visas, the scholarship will reflect the residency tuition rate. The award only applies to tuition and fees.
All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used to study at UHV. The awards and waivers are available for fall recipients for the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
For undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV. This award includes the $1000 guaranteed scholarship for students living on-campus.
This scholarship is open to international students.
- Admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, and 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (the semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Approval for volunteer opportunities must be approved in advance. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on other non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be of good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Complete both scholarship application forms
- First, submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application. (When you complete this application, it may say the deadline passed. Do not worry about this, just keep completing the application. We need you to complete this application as well regardless of the deadline).
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second, submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above-mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- UHV Athletes Receiving Athletics Scholarships
- International Students Receiving International Student Cultural Scholarship
- Students receiving any other UHV tuition scholarship waivers
- Students receiving any other UHV competitive scholarships
- Students receiving Texas resident tuition fees
- Students enrolled part-time at UHV and part-time at another institution in Texas
- Failing to maintain academic and immigration status during the awarding year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply