Applications are invited from interested and suitably students for the 2021/2022 University of Ghana Scholarships. The UG Sponsorship Award is open for both new applicants and those renewing their applications.
Undergraduate needy and brilliant regular students who are applying to the UG Scholarship for the first time or were unsuccessful with previous applications are to note that the UG Scholarship for 2021/2022 academic year has been reopened for new applications from now till the deadline of Friday, July 23, 2021.
You are required to visit the UG website: http://www.ug.edu.gh. Click on: Admission then Financial Aid/ UG Sponsorship and read the eligibility page and complete the online SFAO FORM I (New applicants). Submit a print out of the preview of the completed online form with all the relevant supporting documentations to the Students Financial Aid Office on or before the deadline.
Please note that there will be no extension after the deadline.
You are required to read the eligibility page, download the appropriate form and submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO). It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
The next step is an interview with shortlisted applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification from the SFAO describing the kind of financial aid that you have been awarded. The award would be credited to your student account at the University of Ghana.
FINANCIAL AID FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
The SFAO will accept applications from students for the 2021-22 academic year. Please download and submit the completed form together with supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) by Friday, July 23, 2021.
• If you are applying for UG Sponsorship for the first time or was unsuccessful with your previous application please download and use SFAO FORM I (New applicants)
• If you have previously been awarded UG Sponsorship 2019/20 or an earlier one from SFAO, then please download and use SFAO FORM II (Renewal).
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312/0205-186904 or send an email to [email protected]. You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries.
No. 11 East Legon,
Behind College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Students Financial Aid Office
University of Ghana
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON,
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support applications:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependants of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition, he/she also may be prosecuted.
You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information.
Click here to complete Online Application Form.
DEADLINE for the submission of the applications with relevant supporting documents is Friday, 21st May, 2021 at 2:00 pm.