Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD 2023/2024.
The University of Ghana Medical Centre is a quaternary medical and research centre located on the campus of the University of Ghana in Accra, Ghana.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Medical Training and Simulation
|Company||The University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD|
Director, Medical Training and Simulation
The University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD is seeking to recruit Director, Medical Training and Simulation.
• Lead functional medical training and simulation at the UGMC.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide leadership and management of postgraduate health sciences training at the UGMC
• Manage the use of the UGMC simulation Centre resources including laboratories
• Coordinate curricular integration of technologies including standardized patients/simulated patients throughout the academic programmes of the University of Ghana college of Health Sciences
• Design and implement clinical simulation educational programmes for staff development and continuing medical education
• Develop new simulation-based practical teaching and learning beyond medical education to other specialties in healthcare, including allied health
• Oversee the collection of data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborate with staff on disseminating findings
• Collaborate with health professional regulatory bodies to design and offer simulation programmes for continuing professional development
• Develop, organize and update simulation centre policies and procedures as needed
• Manage costs and revenues for the simulation centre
Candidates seeking this position must:
• Be of a professorial status and have a professional postgraduate medical qualification. A relevant PhD will be an added advantage
• Be registered with a professional regulatory body and have a professional license to practice medicine
• Have at least 10 years of post-professional qualification working experience, 4 years of which must be in a senior management position in an academic medical institution
• Possess strong leadership skills
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be computer literate
How to Apply
Please send your CV, Application letter with copies of certificates to:
The Director of Human Resources
University of Ghana Medical Centre LTD, Legon
Please indicate the job reference in the application, on the envelope if submitting via hand delivery or postal and if by email, prefix the subject with same.
For further information contact:
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023