There are a number of universities in Ghana offering Human Resource Management. So, if you’ve been wondering which university or college to study BSC Human Resource Management (HRM) in Ghana, we’ve got you covered.
Human resource management (HRM) is the practice of recruiting, hiring, deploying and managing an organization’s employees. HRM is often referred to simply as human resources (HR).
In Ghana, HRM is a 4-year undergraduate programme. The programme is aimed at equipping students with skills and knowledge in HRM to enable them to function effectively in various entry-level HR roles in private, public or not-for-profit organizations.
In the first two years of study, students are required to take courses such as Language Skills, Critical Thinking, Introduction to Business Administration and Introduction to Public Administration.
Career Opportunities for Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management is a versatile field and the following are the career prospects:
- Human Resource Officers
- Office Managers
- Training and Development Managers
- Recruitment Consultants
- Human Resource Consultants
- Employee and Labour Relations Managers
- Occupational Psychologists
- Management Consultants
- Career Advisors
- Human Resource Specialists
General Admission Requirements for BSc Human Resource Management
Applicants who wish to study Human Resource Management in Ghana must have met any of this requirement.
- West Africa Senior School Certificate,
- General Certificate of Education (Ordinary and Advanced Levels),
- International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, GCSE, the American Grade 12 and 13 examinations and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the SSSCE or the WASSCE,
- Candidates in possession of a diploma from Ghana University or its equivalent,
- Mature students: candidates (aged at least 25 years) who have duly passed the University’s mature students’ examinations.
The admission requirements are as follows:
Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Candidates must obtain passes (A-D) in core English, core Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies. Candidates must also have passes in any three business elective subjects.
Holders of West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Candidates must obtain passes (A1-C6) in core English, core Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies. Candidates must also have passes in any three business elective subjects.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) in any of the business programmes can apply.
Professional/Business Examination Certificate Holders
Candidates with professional certificates in business and Advanced Business Certificate Examination may be considered for admission.
Candidates who are at least 25 years at the time of application and have credit passes in English and Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ level or WASSCE are eligible to apply.
Universities Offering Human Resource Management in Ghana
Below is the list of universities in Ghana offering BSc Human Resource Management.
- University of Ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Ghana Baptist University College
- Valley View University
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Bluecrest College
- Evangelical Presbyterian University College
- Pentecost University College Ghana
- Islamic University College Ghana
- Central University College **
- Webster University Ghana **
Above is the list of universities offering Human Resource Management (HRM) in Ghana. However, some universities like those asterisks only offer MBA Human Resource Management.
If you feel, we have left out any school please let us know in the comment section.