Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for UNFPA Ghana Recruitment 2023/2024.
Job Title: CONSULTANT – Finance Assistant
The consultant will undertake the following duties in the Finance office:
• Assists the Finance Assistant with Petty Cash reconciliations, replenishments, and recording.
• Assists with preparing monthly payment schedules for the office suppliers, partners, consultants, and Youth Leaders Fellows.
• Assists with preparation of monthly reconciliations on Valued Added Tax (VAT), and Project Advances Account.
• Assists with the preparation of fuel reconciliations, recoveries, and replenishments.
• Assists with the preparation of monthly cash projections for UNDP. Assists with reviews and clearance of DEX and NEX work plans or revisions.
• Assists with review of supporting documents submitted to Finance for processing, including weekly review of AoDocs, and Payment Requests processes, and ensures that all approved payments are processed by Finance within two working days of receipt.
• Follows up with UNDP to ensure the release of payments is processed as per the payment cycle schedule.
• Assists with receipt and calculation of F10s (Travel Claims) within two working days.
• Assists with updating and following up on the Invoice Payment Monitoring table within one month of receipt of the invoice(s).
• In close collaboration with the Finance Assistant ensures that the monthly WCARO Operations checklist is completed as scheduled, including assisting the International Operations Manager for follow-up for timely completion of the checklist.
• Works with Operations personnel to ensure compliance with internal control processes, documentation, and filing of financial documents in hardcopies and electronically.
• Effectively provide general research support from Records, and reports and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on administrative and financial issues for the committee.
• Assists with audits, spot checks, or verifications exercises, as required. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Using the title of the position as the subject
Application Deadline: 31st July 2023