Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Recruitment 2021.
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change is a non-profit organization set up by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair with the ambition to help make globalization work for the many, not the few. Helping countries, their people, and their governments address some of the most difficult challenges in the world today. Bringing together the various organizations Tony Blair set up after leaving office – The Tony Blair Governance Initiative and the Tony Blair Faith Foundation – as well as his work on the Middle East Peace Process, establishing a new area of work: Renewing the Centre. Tony Blair’s intention was to expand the activity of these organizations, re-orientating the mission to reflect the overlap between extremism, governance, the Middle East and the policies needed to fight populism in the West.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Tech for Development, Ghana
Strategy and Planning: Design, maintain and continually improve: (i) the country strategy for tech for development and alignment with broader country strategy; and (ii) plans and tools to roll out the strategy from one tech domain to another, within one ministry or across government
Government Relations: Establish effective and trusted relationships with senior politicians in government, such as Presidents, PMs, Minister and Special Advisors. Secure mandates with at least one key counterpart as regular contact, in service of our mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and in service of our Tech for Development Initiative
Project Execution and Monitoring: Serve as the focal point for tech for development projects in country, responsible for overall performance of project portfolio. Supervise and guide tech experts in your team across sectors (e-health, ag-tech, green energy tech, digital ID, and/or e-government) through effective program design, start-up and delivery. Establish, review and maintain project goals, plans, performance monitoring, and KPIs ensuring alignment with global key results. Report and engage with the Country Head Ghana, and Global Director Tech for Development to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage the initiative across TBI. Ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget with robust management accounts and accountability established. Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial compliance and processes are in place
People: Recruit, manage and develop a country tech for development team. Shape and embody a culture that drives innovation and delivery. Provide quality control of new hires and ongoing development and mentoring. The post holder and their team will be expected to play a key role in the broader community at TBI and will be expected to build strong working relationships across functional teams and practices
External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech hubs/incubators, investors, other not for profit organizations, donor organisations, media, suppliers and agencies
One TBI: The post holder will formally report into the Country Head, Ghana and form part of the wider team and country programme. They will be matrixed on deliverables and work with the Global Director, Tech for Development based in London and her team. Other key relationships will be with the Executive Directors for External Relations, Government Advisory, Tech & Public Policy, and our Legal, HR and Finance support teams
We are looking for an experienced leader:
- With a minimum of 7 years’ experience in management consulting or government advisory
- With experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions
- Who is strategic and can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met
- With outstanding management skills and the proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional objectives
- Who is a communicator and influencer, from board level through to technical level and is adept at managing up and beyond hierarchy as well as tactfully with government counterparties
- Who has worked or consulted in developing and emerging economies, with a preference for direct experience working in Ghana, and is sensitive to a diverse range of cultural and regional norms, and will foster a positive spirit of collaboration between our countries and our tech transformation offer
- With a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 26th May 2021.