Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, the Americas, Australasia, and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Backfill Engineer
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient, and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maxixum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Backfill Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To implement, monitor and coordinate the backfill requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plan.
- Establish the necessary Backfill Engineering processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal Backfill Engineering planning data to enable the monthly updates of the rolling quarterly plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the quarterly Backfill Engineering cost center budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual business plans
- Deliver the work of the Backfill Engineering function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs, and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Backfill Engineering Section regarding Safety, Health, Environmental, and Sustainable Development
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Backfill Engineering team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Mining / Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Three (3) years of operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least two (2) years are backfill systems based;
- Demonstrated experience with knowledge of fundamental underground backfill mechanics;
- Proficient in the use of Mining Software;
- Proficient in the management and control of underground backfill operations across a range of fill types;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Safety (Advanced Application)
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensure that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Mining Production Processes & Practices (Basic Application)
- Understands the mining processes and actively contributes in part to the delivery of the expected outcome/service the mining processes deliver.
- Has demonstrated the ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within one or more of the mining processes with minimal supervision.
- Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
- Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the plan.
- Understands good underground production practices, management, and support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Operational Management (Basic Application)
- Understands the AGA system of ‘how we work’ and applies the basic elements.
- Capable of managing and supervising small teams.
- Able to provide performance assessments on others to their direct manager.
- Understands the adjacent technical disciplines (geology, processing, engineering, etc.) and participates in discussions with colleagues in these disciplines on areas of overlap and opportunity.
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches
- Understands financial reports and comprehend the relevance/impact on the total operation
- Actively looks for ways to manage costs without impacting planned outcomes
- Planning (Basic Application)
- Competent in creating ventilation strategies to support a mining area or block.
- Competent in developing an understanding of costs and revenue associated with a design to drive business outcomes.
- Understanding of all ancillary detail of a plan.
- Contract Management (Basic Understanding)
- Understands the core elements of the contract and its intended outcomes.
- Identifies and monitors elements of the contract performance.
- Makes suggestions for improvements or variations via their manager
- Project Management (Basic Application)
- Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project to the conceptual level.
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Innovation (Basic Application)
- Identifies and proposes modifications to existing processes to deliver better performance and service.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationships;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 10th April 2023