Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Recruitment 2021.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia, and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mine Captain – Production
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mine Captain – Production role is a regulatory mandated role that leads the Quality Assurance and Control and Risk Management function for all underground mining ore extraction activities from underground mine blocks ready as planned and to the required standards.
- Establish the necessary Mine Production QA, QC, Risk Management and Contractor engagement processes and procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready.
- Develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Mine Production priorities, milestones and events
- Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Mine Production Outputs
- Deliver the work of the Mining Production function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Environmental management that is integrated into the Mining Production plan and implementation
- Provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop the Mine Production team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget and quarterly plans according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Mining department
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the Mine plan
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons should click here to apply.
Closing Date: 17th September 2021.