Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Recruitment 2021.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with mines and exploration projects in four different regions namely – Continental Africa, Americas, Australasia, and South Africa. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fire and Rescue Brigadesman
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to support the Emergency Management Services Superintendent in taking proactive measures to minimize the frequency of emergency situations in the mine and then responding to emergency operations on both surface and underground. It further seeks to augment the labour strength of the Emergency response team across the operations and satisfies the requirement of Fire and Rescue Brigades in the Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012 LI2182 section 548.
- Assist in responding to all emergency operations on both surface and underground at all times.
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of all escape routes and refuge chambers.
- Assist in conducting planned inspections and audits on all firefighting and fire detection appliances on both surface and underground. The inspections shall cover portable fire extinguishers, automatic fire suppression systems, Hose reels, smoke detectors, and fire alarms or sirens.
- Participate in all training sessions and emergency drills.
- Always be on stand by and alert to respond to emergencies on both surface and underground.
- Ensure to undergo twelve (12) rescue practices in a year of which six should be held at underground as stated in the Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012.LI2182 section 548
- Assist in the testing of the Breathing Apparatus as required.
- Clean and service assigned apparatus, maintaining it in a condition of readiness, report mechanical failures or difficulties and missing or damaged equipment to the proper authority.
- Attend to the Control Room.
- Assist in cleaning and keeping the Rescue Station tidy.
- Assist in organizing basic firefighting training and emergency drills for employees.
- Assist in conducting a rescue course for suitable employees.
- Assist in conducting self-contained self-Rescuer training for all underground employees.
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Must correct, or report the Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if an incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor
- Certificate of Competency – Mine Rescue Certificate – Ghana Minerals Commission
- Certificate of Competency – Firefighting Certificate – Reputable or Recognized Organization
- Must have at least an SSCE /WASSCE in General Science Subject or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified and competent Advanced First Aider.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons should click here to apply.