Applications are open for The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024/2025 [Fully-Funded], you can read more about the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024/2025 [Fully-Funded] below and apply.
Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS). The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
Scholarship Sponsor(s):Swiss Government
Host Institution(s): All Swiss Public Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded (covers the full cost of study and related expenses)
Number of Awards: Several (Not Stated)
Study Level: Masters & Ph.D. degree
Nationality: International students
The following types of scholarships will be awarded to either foreign scholars or artists respectively;
- The research scholarship (research fellowship, Ph.D., Postdoc) is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland. Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree. Ideally;
- The applicant must be an international student (a foreign scholar or artist)
- The applicant must be admitted into a Master’s or Ph.D. program.
- For Masters’s program, the applicant must hold (or are about to obtain) an undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- For the Ph.D. program, the applicant must hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- The applicant must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, and prizes for research or project work.
The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
- The scholarship covers full funding for the course of study
- All university tuition fees at the international rate; health insurance, airfare, housing allowance, etc.
How-to-Apply: All interested and eligible applicants seeking the Swiss Government Scholarships are expected to apply and be given an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Masters’s or Ph.D. in any Swiss public university, thereafter can proceed to apply for the scholarship.
Please follow the steps outlined [here].
Application Deadline: Varies